1. What is ESquared’s Privacy and Cookies Policy about?
ESquared Technologies Ltd is a UK company with registered number 09624032 and its registered office at Suite 540, 5th Floor, 162-168 Regent Street, London W1B 5TF, United Kingdom and company number 09624032.
We know that you care about how your Personal Information is used and shared and we care about that too. Our Privacy and Cookies Policy tells you how we look after, use and share the Personal Information that we collect from you through our Services. Please read this carefully. Unless we tell you or you agree, we do not share your Personal Information with anyone.
By “Personal Information”, we mean anything that can be used to identify you, including information you give to us when you register and anything that we collect as you use our Services. Our Privacy and Cookies Policy does not apply to any non-personally identifying information that we collect or use. When you use any of our Services, you are agreeing to our Privacy and Cookies Policy.
2. How does ESquared protect my Personal Information?
We are serious about guarding the security of your Personal Information and use a secure server to store your Personal Information. We use industry standard organisational and technical security measures to protect your data against unauthorised disclosure or processing. However, like everyone else, we cannot guarantee complete security.
You can help to keep your Personal Information secure. Where you are required to choose a password for your account, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. This means you should limit access to your smartphone or other device and sign off after you have finished accessing your account. If you think someone has access to your password or unauthorised access to your account, please inform us immediately at email@example.com. We are not responsible for the misuse of your account or information where you have not kept your password confidential or not reported a breach of security.
3. What Personal Information do you collect about me?
We collect Personal Information about you when you register with us, use our Services, answer our questions or provide feedback. We may also record our communications with you. Personal Information that you provide to us: This may include your name, email address, telephone number, user name, date of birth, gender and your location. When you make a purchase on our Service, you will provide your payment information to our third party payments processor, currently PayPal (Europe) S.à. r.l. et Cie, S.C.A. . Our payments processor is responsible for processing payments or credits in connection with your use of our Services and for any Personal Information that it collects from you. Please read their terms and conditions and Privacy and Cookies Policy as well as those of your credit card issuer. We are not responsible for any errors by the payments processor and we do not store credit card information or any other financial information. To find out more about how PayPal (Europe) stores and uses your Personal Information, please read their Privacy and Cookies Policy. You may choose whether or not to give some information to us. However, not providing certain information may mean you cannot enjoy all or parts of our Services.
Personal Information that is automatically collected: Whenever you interact with our Services, we automatically record information from your device or browser. This may include your IP address, device information (UDID, MAC address, device type) and cookie information. Depending on your privacy settings, we may also receive information from social networks you connect with via our Services, e.g. your profile information from Facebook. We also collect non-personally identifying information such as user activity, pages you have requested and pages you came from. This policy does not apply to our collection and use of non- personally identifying information.
4. How will you use the Personal Information about me?
We use the information you give to us to make our Services the best possible experience for you. For instance, we may use your information to:
- Fulfil your orders
- customise the Services you choose to receive
- manage your account and your queries
- improve our Services
- contact you with important service announcements
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations and protect our legitimate interests
- carry out research and analysis, training and quality assurance
- if you agree, contact you about other Services and products from ESquared that we think may be of interest to you
- if you agree, contact you with advertising from other businesses
Some of our Services may use location information transmitted from your devices. We only use location information in a way that is necessary to provide the Service you want. If you have not allowed your location information to be sent (through the settings menu on your device), then you will not be able to use certain features of our Services, such as finding a gym closest to you.
5. To whom will you disclose my Personal Information?
ESquared will not share your Personal Information for marketing purposes with companies outside the ESquared group of companies, unless you have given us permission to do so. However, we may share your information in the following ways:
- We may share your Personal Information with the gym that you have purchased a pass to visit
- We may share your Personal Information, where appropriate, with any member of our group of companies
- We work with trusted partners to perform tasks on our behalf and we may need to disclose your Personal Information for them to provide services to you. However, these companies are bound by confidentiality obligations and do not have any independent right to use your Personal Information beyond what is necessary to assist us
- When the law requires us to disclose your information, we will comply
- When we need to enforce our Terms of Service, investigate fraud, reduce credit risk, exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s wellbeing or property and when obtaining your prior consent is difficult
- When you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you on the Service that the Personal Information that you provide will be shared in a particular way.
ESquared may display targeted advertisements based on anonymised information, personally identifiable information or information you make publicly available. No Personal Information will be provided to the advertiser directly by ESquared when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement. However, by interacting with or viewing an advertisement you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will collect data from you and/or make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the advertisement.
6. Will I receive marketing information from you?
We would like to send you marketing information about our Services which may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive this, we are happy to stop at any time. Just click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in our email or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. On mobile devices, you can manage notices you receive about our Services by using the settings on your device. You will not be able to opt out of service announcements and other important administrative information that we send to you using the contact information you provided as this is the only way we have of contacting you. As these are not marketing messages, you may not opt out of receiving them (unless you stop using our Services and delete your account).
7. How do I access or change my Personal Information?
If you want to see, or change, your Personal Information, go to ‘My Profile’ or contact us at email@example.com. Please note that certain information cannot be changed once you have entered it. For instance, there should be no reason for a user to change their date of birth. This is to discourage users from engaging in unlawful activities. In certain jurisdictions, you may be entitled to request access to Personal Information we hold, by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address (see below). A small fee will be charged for this service, to cover administrative costs.
8. How long do you keep my Personal Information for? How can I delete it?
We store your Personal Information for as long as your account is active and for as long as is required solely for our business purposes. If you wish to delete an account, you can do so by following instructions within the relevant Service, and/or by contacting email@example.com. If you wish to delete the Personal Information that we hold on you, you may do so by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When you do this, we will deactivate your account and/or delete or anonymise (which means you cannot be identified from the information) relevant Personal Information, unless we have to retain it for legitimate business or legal reasons. A limited amount of anonymised data may be retained for archive purposes only.
10. Where is my Personal Information?
We may transfer your Personal Information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (such as the US), but only to companies we trust. This includes ESquared group companies or carefully selected business partners that have certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or that have signed up to equivalent protections. We do this for our data management and business purposes, in particular, for outsourced data processing by organisations on our behalf. We take appropriate steps to ensure your information is adequately protected. If you do not agree to this, please do not use our Services.
11. Does this Privacy and Cookies Policy apply to services, apps or websites provided by other companies?
Our Services may contain links to other apps or websites. Our Privacy and Cookies Policy applies only to how ESquared uses your Personal Information. If you disclose your Personal Information to other companies, they are responsible for their use of your information.
12. What about Personal Information of children?
You must be at least 16 to use our Services. We do not knowingly collect information from users under the age of 18.
13. Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
We may update our Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time. We will notify you of such changes by posting an announcement on our Service. You are bound by any changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy when you use our Service after you are notified of these changes.
14. How do I contact you?
Please contact us if you have any questions about information we hold about you or about our Privacy and Cookies Policy:
- Send an email to email@example.com
- Write to us at ESquared Technologies Limited, Suite 540, 5th Floor, 162-168 Regent Street, London W1B 5TF, United Kingdom.
15. What does it mean?
‘Personal Information’ means anything that can be used to identify you, including information you give to us when you register and anything that we collect as you use our Services. “Service” or “Services” means the services provided by ESquared, including our apps, websites and any other online, offline and mobile services on or via any platform or technology. The words “include” or “including” shall be construed without limitation to the words following.