A quick morning workout seems daunting when your alarm starts beeping at 5am. For those of you who are blessed enough to be ‘a morning person’ then you won’t need much convincing when it comes to exercising first thing. However, for those of us who love that snooze button, resisting the temptation to stay warm in bed might be easier to fight than we thought.
One option is to do a morning workout at home, but that can be harder to get motivated for as you don’t actually have to leave the house to get your sweat on. Our suggestion? Book a workout you won’t want to miss. Here are just a few reasons why daily morning exercise is a great thing to do:
- Be more active throughout the day: a morning workout will kick start your mind and body. That snooze button has a habit of making us feel sluggish – exercising, on the other hand, makes us feel more alert and awake.
- Set yourself up for a healthier day: after a workout, our bodies crave healthy, nutritious food. After starting your day right, you’ll have a lot more encouragement and determination to make healthier choices.
- Relieve existing stress: not that we realise it, but even the slightest mishap can build our stress levels so that by the time we get to work we’re already feeling uptight. A morning workout, no matter how short, can help eliminate this stress.
- A head start on H2O: drinking enough water throughout the day is always a challenge. The more you sweat, the more water you’ll need to consume during and after your workout – giving you a head start to get to your target.
- Give yourself the gift of time: with spontaneous social plans and ‘okay, just one beer’ after work with colleagues – it’s easy to just say no to your evening workout. But by working out in the AM, you’re leaving more social time for your evenings.
- Feel great: let’s face it – a 6am workout is impressive. You’ll have successfully earned yourself bragging rights!
As if those weren’t enough reasons to convince you – maybe these workouts will… We’ve selected some highlights on the Esquared app that you can book the night before, so they’re waiting for you when you wake up. Trust us, they’re worth that 5am alarm:
- Movin London, Movin: 6.40am HIIT/Circuits
- Digme Fitness Moorgate, RIDE: 6.30am Indoor Cycling
- Urban Fitness Chancery Lane: 6am Gym Floor
- The Refinery: 7am Energising Sunrise Flow
- POPfit: 7.30am Barre
- 12×3 Paddington: 6.10am Gloves On