If you haven’t tried your hand at clay rice pots then this is your chance! Whether you’re new to Asian cooking or have been intrigued by the flavours then you have to try this one.
Cook Time: 50 mins
- 1 lb chicken breast or thigh
- 3 tsp Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbs oyster sauce
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tbs dark soy sauce
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 ounces/ 56 grams dried Chinese sausage (Lap Cheong), sliced
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 scallion, chopped for garnish
Let’s get busy
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- In the rice cooker, add the rice and water. Place chicken and sausage on top. Discard the marinade from chicken. Cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Once the rice is cooked, pour in the drizzling mixed sauce.
- Mix the rice together to incorporate all the ingredients and sauce thoroughly with the rice, and add green onions on top.
Looking for a workout to burn all that energy from dinner? We are here for whatever you are in the mood for: choose from yoga, swimming, spinning, boxing, pilates or just some good old treadmill time. With no monthly fees or no membership hassle, you just pay for what you sweat.