When it comes to Easter we all have one weakness…dozens of Mini Eggs! So why not get creative with your leftover chocolate eggs and rustle up a batch of these healthy, yet super tasty brownies. We promise they won’t disappoint!
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What you need
- 1 1/4 sticks butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups Mini Eggs
- 4 ounces chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
now, let’s get messy!
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Prepare an 8-inch-by-8-inch pan with tin foil (2 sheets creating an “x” with a 2-inch overlap of foil), and then spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter until no longer foaming and the butter has browned, about 5 minutes.
- While you are waiting for the butter to brown, combine the sugar, cocoa, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a mixer.
- Add the hot butter and scrape all of the browned bits into the bowl of the mixer, and then whip to combine.
- With the mixer on medium, add the eggs one at a time.
- Then add the flour to combine.
- Add the Mini Eggs, and briefly mix in.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and smooth with a dampened spatula.
- Bake 25 minutes and remove from oven. Let cool.
- Trim the edges off of the brownies and arrange them on a sheet pan or on a counter.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small bowl. Melt the white chocolate chips in a separate small bowl.
- Use a fork and drizzle the white chocolate across the top of each brownie (going in 1 direction).
- Then use a fork and drizzle the dark chocolate across each brownie in the opposite direction of the white chocolate. Sprinkle the still wet chocolate with the chopped Mini Eggs. Let the chocolate cool and set up.
Looking for a workout to burn all the little treats? We are here for whatever you are in the mood for: choose from yoga, swimming, spinning, boxing, pilates or just some good old treadmill time.With no monthly fees or no membership hassle, you just pay for what you sweat.